Why use Business Semantics?
Medium and large-sized corporations cannot implement all required functionality in a single corporate software. So they need to use different solutions, such as ERP, CRM, accounting, business-specific applications. These applications must be integrated, or their advantages may be completely obliterated. Integration methods widely used today lack flexibility, or are too expensive; anyway, supporting complex integration schema has very high price and entails serious risks. Let's describe Business Semantic's advantages, aimed to handle these problems, from business point of view.
Business Semantics advantages
- Integration schema is very flexible: new applications may easily be added, it is simple to change data sets that has to be exchanged.
- Business Semantics allows online (or almost online) complete synchronization of data, not only on-demand access.
- Data exchange using Business Semantics can be implemented very fast - for instance, at companies merger.
- Business Semantics support is obviously cheaper and simpler than using a pool of different custom procedures and web-services, intended to solve particular integration tasks. It minimizes risks of failures.
- It's rather simple to include applications, interconnected using Business Semantics, into a more wide integration context - for example, inter-corporate data exchange
Particularly, Business Semantics may be effectively used in trade and service companies, financial sector etc. However, it is a general technology, not bound with any area of usage.